You are here
Professional Development Pilot workshop
A small, pilot Stage I Professional Development workshop was held from 14-21 January 2014.
The goals of the workshop were to
- strengthen the participants' language documentation and revitalisation skills, and to
- build the participants' capacity to become trainers and share their skills with other people in their families, communities and workplaces.
Over six days, the workshop trainers provided intensive training in linguistics, technologies for language documentation, and language learning and teaching methods. You can see the full program here.
- Carolyn McAdam (Halls Creek, Western Australia) — Jaru (K12)
- Roy Tommy (Karratha, Western Australia) — Yinhawangka (A48)
- Annalee Pope (Bundaberg, Queensland) — Gureng Gureng (E32)
Margaret Florey and Donna McLaren
This workshop was supported by a Professional Development grant from the Australian Governments' Indigenous Languages and Arts (ILA) program (Department of Communication and the Arts).