You are here
The following summary of recommendations from RNLD members was created by Piers Kelly (1 June 2009).
- Easily the most popular for RNLDers was the Rode NT4. It's a "good single-point stereo microphone that will cope with a large dynamic range". Cost is about $500.
- The Rode range was also popular with some non-linguist musicians, who also recommended the Sony ECM DS-70 Electret Condensor and AKG C1000.
- The four mikes built into the Zoom H2 Recorder (see below).
- Behringer microphones which come with a bunch of accessories and cost $139.
Audio and video recording devices
- The Zoom H4n which can take two mics at once.
- Sony HVR-A1P HD camcorder (with audio-only option).
- Microphone placement is very important. Try varying it.
- Use two microphones.